« Back to “Fixing noisy measurements on Owon XDM2041”

Comments for “Fixing noisy measurements on Owon XDM2041”

Hello Petteri,
did you read out the flash of the GD32F103? And if so, could you provide me with a copy of the binary image? I have a defective device that does not correctly start up (stuck at the boot screen), which I hope to resurrect by reflashing the firmware. Maybe I'm lucky, as it is my birthday today ;-)

best regards, Andreas

— Andreas on 05.07.2021 at 09:42 (UTC)

@Andreas

I sent the firmware to you by email.

Though I must warn that I haven't tried reflashing my own device, so I
can't be 100% sure that the image has been extracted correctly. It looks
ok, but it is not easy to know if there might be some byte errors, as
readout protection blocks any verify functionality.

You'll probably also lose calibration by reflashing, and I don't know
how to trigger recalibration.

In my own tests I've noticed that the boot will hang with the progress
bar if the analog board is disconnected, so maybe verify those
connectors and the HY3131 power supply first.

— Petteri Aimonen on 05.07.2021 at 17:30 (UTC)

@Petteri

great work!
I have the same problem as Andreas, as my XDM2041 stucks at the progress bar. The µC does not try to contact the HY3131 by SPI at all. Seems the µC stucks
in the Firmware. Can please send me the firmware, too ?

@Andreas

Did you get the Firmware burned into the µC ?

Thanks for your help

Uli

— Uli on 27.07.2021 at 08:05 (UTC)

I'll just summarize here what Andreas has shared by email: flashing the XDM2041 firmware on a faulty VC7055 fixed the boot problem. Copying calibration data (the last 2 kB page) also works.

— Petteri Aimonen on 07.08.2021 at 15:24 (UTC)

Hello Petteri,
I have the same problem as Andreas and Uli with my device.

@Petteri can you send me the firmware too?

Thanks for the great article and research!

Regards,
Justus

— Justus Leiner on 22.08.2021 at 09:58 (UTC)

And I'm happy to report that Justus also had success with reflashing. For any others in need of the firmware & other info, I've set up this repository:

— Petteri Aimonen on 22.08.2021 at 16:39 (UTC)